8/17/08

Wall art

Just so you don't think the only projects I ever do are 12x12 layouts....


This project was created on a canvas purchased at a local craft supply store. I painted it a soft butter yellow, dry brushed the edges with some chocolate brown paint & when it was completely dry I created my "layout" directly on top. Its was very quick to do and is a pretty simple design....a bit of patterned paper, a couple of embellishments & the clear letter title spelling "love" across the bottom. The best thing about this layout is that it features one of my favorite photos I have ever taken of my kids together...and I get to see if every day on my living room wall rather than have it tucked away in an album. This picture was taken 4 years ago just after my daughter's high school graduation. The title choice for this was obvious as that is the first thing I see when I look at this picture. Can you tell by looking at it how much Jake idolizes his big sister?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you've used your scrapbooking talents to create something so beautiful for your home. And you're right, we need to have these works of he{ART} out where we can see and enjoy them more.
Brenda