8/16/08

My favorite color combos

Hi everyone,

A few favorite layouts to share before I head to bed. Probably a big part of why these are favorites is because they have some of my favorite color combinations incorporated into them. One of my favorite things about creating a page or project is in choosing the colors I want to use.

I love blue & orange together (also love black & white photography...even more so when it is of my gorgeous daughter) Blue & orange just look so great together don't they?


The next page is also blue & orange...just in different tones than the one above. This layout is actually one of my all time favorites. I love every thing about it. Some layouts just come together so well & some you really struggle with. This was one that everything just fell into place easily. Wish all my layouts worked out that way.

Another favorite color combo....orange & green (did I mention I like orange..lol)


And more orange & green. I have a confession about this layout though. This one was very much inspired by a layout by Christine Middlecamp...and although I don't think my work will ever compare to hers, and there are touches of my own style on it...I can't take 100% of the credit for the design of it since it was really her layout that inspired me to create it.

Another favorite combo...Turquoise, brown & green. Love this layout with the candid photo of my son & the 2 neighbor children pretending to be a band. Jake on guitar, Ella on keyboard & vocals...and Willem...well Willem was just dancing his little heart out. Too too cute. This picture makes me smile every time I look at it.

More turquoise, brown and green. After I finished this page I really didn't have any space on the page for journaling so I did it around the edge of the page with a white pen...and loved it. The journaling reads : "Jake, never forget the power of dreams. You can do anything you put your mind to if you want it and work hard for it. Dream on little man...and may they all come true."

More orange...but this time with grey. Love these 2 colors together too. I can't get my hands on the new Basic Grey Ambrosia fast enough.....soon you'll probably see lots of orange layouts on here : ) This photo of Jake is one of my all time favorite pictures of him...such a handsome sweet boy.

Well I'm off to bed. Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: