8/28/08

Looks can be decieving...

Doesn't this look like a peaceful scene? A young boy & his dog going for a nature walk in a serene woodland forest on a gorgeous summer day...


You'd never know by looking at this photo what a bear of a day this was for all of us would you? Or that just moments before I snapped this shot my son & I had just finished smashing our heads together very hard as we both bent down to offer Tanner some water. I think both our heads were still throbbing when I took this.

We got a late start heading out for this hike because we spent the first half of the day trying to find the floor in Jake's bedroom and get his clothes & school supplies in order so he's ready for the start of school next week...while at the same time trying to keep a playful pup from grabbing everything he could to chew on.

So then I look online trying to find someplace fun to bring the dog for a walk where he can play in some water too. I find an interesting place searching online that is about 30m minutes from here that has a river & trails called Groton Woods. I click on the link that says "click here for directions" & print them to talk along with us.....but we followed them to a T & they brought us to a whole different piece of conservation land. What a pain!

And poor little Tanner is proving not to be a good traveler....nerves or carsickness? I'm not sure which. So after him vomiting twice on the way there & then having to stop again just before getting to Groton to buy a roll of paper towels & spray cleaner (since I had no more napkins in the glove box)to clean up another pile of vomit....which horrifyingly enough ended up being (messy)poop.....amazing that I didn't vomit myself in the 30plus minutes I spent scrubbing that up. Ugh ! So now we finally arrive at our destination...which was not the place we were trying to get to....no surprise there considering how the day was going...then we smash heads so hard we are seeing stars and both have a headache for our "peaceful" walk...and of course no water at this "wrong location" for the dog to play in. But I will say..the walk was definitely the best part of this day. On the way home we get caught in traffic, the dog vomits 4 more times (amazing the poor thing has anything even left in his stomach at this point) and we finally arrive home....all totally exhausted. Poor dog has been sound asleep since 7:30. With the way my day has gone...he'll probably decide he's wide awake when I decide to head to bed.

Tomorrow is another day right? My morning will be spent taking the roof off the Jeep, totally scrubbing down the back seat & hoping the sun dries it before sundown.

No comments: