8/24/08

Layout share

Here's a layout I finished a few days ago. I'm really pleased with how it came out. I like the green, brown & blue color combo a lot. I've wanted to do a layout or two about the town we live in & when I took this picture of my son walking up our street toward the town common with the church steeple set against a gorgeous blue sky I knew I had to use it on a layout.

Lately I've been really into using scalloped edges on my pages. I wish I had thought of the idea below a long time ago. I'm always on the lookout for paper & products with a scalloped edge...but the scallop detail in the photo below was made by punching circles from patterned paper and then simply cutting them in half & adhering them to my page. Simple. And a great way to use scraps too.
The journaling block below is just a small edge section of a large piece of decorative ledger paper layered on top of a small section of scalloped edge cardstock. I like the contrast between the 2 edge styles as well as the color contrast. I think this layout has become a new favorite of mine.

No comments: