8/10/08

Seven for Sunday

Seven yard & garden photos taken this morning....

Woke up to find this beauty blooming in the garden this morning. My sister-in-law gave me these bulbs and told me that they were not something that would return next year in New England so if I wanted them for next year I'd have to dig up the bulbs and save them to re-plant next spring. I thought to myself "yeah right....that will happen" But now that I see how pretty they are I'm thinking may just have to do some digging this fall.

Yes....another daylily photo...lol. This one is in the garden at the end of my drive and has had so many blooms on it that they have been a colorful welcome home to me each night when I come home from work for weeks.
My favorite Hosta !!! Before owning my own home I always hated Hosta's......but there are so many varieties out there now to choose from beyond the basic boring green ones I always disliked. This one ( Sum & Substance ) is a very large hosta & is a gorgeous shade of lime green. Love it !!!

This is a section of the rock/shade garden in front of my house.....more foliage than flowers but I love it just as much as my flower gardens. And the big plus....weeds don't grow nearly as fast in shade gardens !!! My favorite plants in this garden are the japanese forest grasses you see in this picture....I have 5 of them but in this picture the two you can see are the solid lime green variety in the center left side of the photo & behind it at the top of the picture is the varigated version.
What do you do when your son has outgrown his radio flyer wagon? Park it at the end of the drive and put flowers in it ! Wish I had thought of doing this earlier. This wagon sat unused & rusting under my deck for a couple of years before I had this brainstorm.

This is my circular flower garden that goes from the back deck around to the front door. This garden gets full sun and although a lot of the blooms have gone by it is glorious when in full bloom. That lilac tree on the corner of the house is very invasive though....sends shoots up all over the place....I am forever pulling them out. I do adore the smell though when it's in bloom. I cut out some of the older growth this year so it looks a bit scraggly but you can see at the base of it that the new growth is quickly filling in.

This is a panoramic view from my front door of the rock garden in the front yard.


That's it for this Sunday....back to stacking wood...ugh !! I'll share some more scrap pages during the week. Have a great day.

No comments: