8/31/08

In cooking mode this weekend

I was inspired to do some baking with all of the wonderful fresh fruits & veggies available this time of year. My Mom was down for an overnight stay last night so we had a totally delicious dinner. The pie below was without a doubt one of the most delicious things I have ever tasted.....and it was a risk because "Tomatoe & corn pie" sounded interesting to say the least. But with the extra ingredients of fresh basil & chives from my garden and cheese it was really an amazing dish. Served with a nice slice of semolina bread. I will definitley be making this pie again !!!


For dessert we had this blackberry cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Yum !!!

Today I made the following 2 things. My son's favorite blueberry muffins and blueberry crumb bars. Some of each went to my generous neighbor who just came home from a month in Switzerland and was kind enough to let me pick from her gardens & blueberry bushes while she was gone. The rest of the muffins stayed here for Jake & the rest of the crumb bars were for a baby shower I went to today. They were a big hit!

My son wants the computer now so I must sign off . Have a nice night everyone...and if you want any recipes I'm happy to share.

No comments: