8/29/08

Finally a free moment to scrapbook

And of course it had to be a page of Jake with his new puppy that he named Tanner. They look pretty happy together don't they?

I've been thinking a lot lately about my scrapbooking style...or rather trying to figure out what it is. It seems that every publication I read lately has articles about finding your style or determining what it is, what type of artist you are etc....and I can never clearly say what mine is. Am I a scrapbooker? Yes. Am I an Artist...also yes. Whats my style....I have no idea. And then it finally hit me recently...who cares!!! Why do I have to know my style? It doesn't matter what it is.....it has changed often & will continue to change I'm sure. So rather than trying to figure it out I'll just continue doing what I love....creating pages that help us to remember special times...or just everyday life.

I will say this though...the page below does have some characteristics that I see in lots of my pages lately.

1) I often will add a strip of paper to my background page that runs top to bottom or left to right as my first step...and then build on that. Such as with the brown pattern paper on this layout.

2) Orange...I love orange & earth tones in general. So many of my pages have some shade of orange on them

3) Chipboard...one of my favorite things. Lately a lot of my titles are chipboard lettering.



4) Scalloped edges...loving this lately.

5) Bling !!! Love adding gems to a page or details with metallic markers or pens to add dimension & shine. Did both on this page.

6) Journaling on strips of paper.

7) My journaling these days is almost always in my own handwriting. It's so much quicker & easier and I think years from now will be much more appreciated than if I had printed on my computer. I only wish I had better handwriting though...

8) Rub ons or stickers added directly to photos as in the picture below.

9) Not so perfect photos.....Of course I'd love it if the lighting in all my pictures turned out perfect. But that's not reality & I can't let it stop me from creating a page with a photo as darling as this right?

10) One page layouts....don't often do 2 page spreads anymore.

One other thing about most of my scrapbook pages that you don't see on this one. Often my pages have just one photo that I love...I don't always feel the need to fit a lot of photos on one page......unless its a vacation type page...those tend to always have more photos.

So whats my style? Whatever strikes my fancy at that given moment while creating a page or project. Have a great holiday weekend everyone.

No comments: