8/9/08

As promised...more to share

A few recent layouts to share before I head off to bed. I pulled out a box of old vacation photos last week & came across these 2 favorite pictures of my daughter and knew I just had to scrap them. She's 22 now so these were taken a long time ago when she was about 5 years old. The paper & die cuts used are from Sassafras Lass. I seem to do many of my pages in warm earth tones so this bright colorful page was a nice change of pace for me.

In addition to writing directly on photos, rub on's added to a photo can add just the right touch as well. And I am so loving those gemstone stickers in the next few pictures. They are something new by Prima Marketing that I picked up and I love the little bit of bling they add to the page.


The "Disney" portion of the title is Basic Grey "Wilma" letters that I painted, sprinkled with a bit of fine glitter while the paint was still wet & then applied a clear glaze over once the paint was completely dry. In the picture below you can see the sparkle & shine of the glitter & glaze.
Lastly..Isn't this little girl adorable as can be with her micky mouse glasses on her head and that sparkle in her beautiful blue eyes? She's still just a gorgeous 18 years later.
Ok...on to the next 2 layouts I did with photos from my sons baseball games. Some of these pictures from the first layout I shared in a previous post so they may look familiar. It has very little journaling....but not much is needed I think because this one is really all about the photos. The title is a transparency held in place on the corners with decorative brads and then the 2008 stickers added to the top of it. My daughter took the picture of Jake on the top left side of the layout and I love it !!! He has the most beautuful blue eyes ever.
In the 2 pictures that follow you can see that I added a few rub ons onto the photo's. Its really a pretty simple layout without a lot of added extra's but I like how it turned out.

When I took the below picture my Mom was sitting next to me and asked me why I didn't get right up to the fence so I could take it through the fence without getting the chain link fence in the picture. But she couldn't see what I could see through my viewfinder. Sometimes what you think my be an obstruction can actually work in your favor in framing your subject.
The last layout is also very simple.....but I really like the clean lines and simplicity of it & all the open space. My son loves baseball & is a pretty amazing pitcher for such a young boy. Because I took so many different pictures of him pitching I was able to choose 5 that pretty much show a pitch from beginning to end (even if they really were 5 separate pitches). I used paint on the edges of the page that matched the title. And also used the same paint to underline the journaling under each photo.
The title is created with one of my new favorite scrap supplies. "Thickers" by American Crafts. I especially love the foam ones...which is what these are. I also used small squares of them as bullet points for the journaling.
That's it for tonight....I have to get up early tomorrow & get lots of yard work done so I'm heading off to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely layout, Donna. You've got some great techniques on it, too. Isn't it fun to come across some forgotten photos and enjoy the flood of memories they bring back. Brenda