8/9/08

Layout to share

I created this layout of my kitty this morning that I wanted to share. I really should have been doing yardwork or housework...but this was so much more fun !!! The patterned paper here is basic gray. I adore basic gray papers & am waiting impatiendly to get my hands on Ambrosia, Offbeat & Granola as soon as they hit the shelves. Any day now I think...

The metal letters that I used to write "papa" on the left of the page are from We R Memory keepers. I love them! I actually bought these at Marshalls. Not sure if any of you have been in a TJ Maxx of Marshalls lately...but they have added in some scrap supplies at about half the price you'd find them in your LSS. I work at the home office of TJ Maxx & Marshalls so I used my employee discount to get even more of a price break....I was a happy girl !! If you have any stores near you , you may want to check it out and see if there is anything left (I found it in both TJ Maxx & Marshalls in my area near the stationary)


the writing on the photo was done with a silver metallic marker (hard to tell it is metalic from these pictures) I need to remind myself more often that its ok to write directly on my photos...I'm always happy with the results when I do it.

I used the same silver marker to add detail to various areas of the layout. (the small dots you see in different areas are made with this marker) Another thing I need to remember more often is that journaling die cuts do not always have to be used for journaling. I loved how the one behind the "kitty" portion of my title looked when layered on top of a scalloped cirlcle of basic gray paper. You also don't have to use your journaling dies cuts as is....in the picture below, my journaling was done on a die cut that I chose to cut up into strips. I live journaling on strips & seem to do that a lot on my layouts

I need to log off for now & go get some errands done. I'll be back later with some more layouts to share. Have a great night everyone.

No comments: