8/24/08

Seven for Sunday

Seven things I've learned about owning a puppy....

1) Your life is not your own anymore when you adopt a puppy...in good ways & in bad. My nights of staying up late and sleeping in are over. When puppy is ready for bed for the night...so am I. Its the only way I'll get a full night sleep.

2) Walks are not a solitary activity anymore...and that's a good thing. How nice to have someone to talk to and keep me company while I walk.

3) Puppies steal hearts very quickly. This dog has so quickly become a member of this family...when they look at you with those big brown trusting eyes they can melt your heart in an instant.

4) Puppies may be good for keeping you active but they are not good for productivity. I have not touched a scrapbook supply since we got him...but I really want to. I did finish a page the day before we got him that I'm really happy with and hope to share later.

5) Puppies are like babies when they take naps. You pray they will sleep a long time, you pray the phone doesn't ring and wake them & you tiptoe around trying to get things done while you can.

6) Puppies like furniture !!! Doesn't matter how cozy the bed is that you provide them with...the couch is always better in their eyes. This is going to be my biggest challenge...I do not want furniture that smells like dog......but wow is it tiring removing him over & over again.

7) Puppies can be amazingly smart. The first day we got him he learned "sit" and now just a few days later he is getting good at "stay" & "shake" (paw). I'm going to work really hard at raising a well behaved puppy. I think the fact that he is mellow & laid back is going to be a big help to me with those efforts.

Hoping to get back on here later to share some more layouts....hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments: