9/20/08

Random rambling

First another quick layout share. Like many people I am one of those who doesn't do pages about myself or with myself in them often enough. Part of that is because I am so critical about photos of myself. I'm trying to change my mentality on that though and do more pages with me in them regardless of how I may feel about the photo....because my children, grandchildren (when I have them) etc won't care about how I look in my photos...they'll care that I'm in them.

So the layout below is one of me "mid life without the crisis" The pattern paper is Basic Grey & the chipboard letters are K & Co...but they go perfectly together don't they?

And to totally change the subject...I am so loving this little guy !!! He is just the sweetest dog ever.

I had a really frustrating day today. The pup had a vet appt this morning for his follow up booster shot for his Lyme disease vaccination. We gave him a half of a dramamine (as the vet instructed us last time) in hopes that the carsickness wouldn't be a problem and we could take him to Petco after the vet. But got halfway to the vet & he vomited in a huge way (so much for the dramamine idea) Decided to bring him home & go out & do errands. And he vomited again on the way home...ugh!!! I hope this passes eventually. I was not very patient with Jake today which I feel bad about...but he definitely was trying my patience so I know it wasn't just my crankiness that was the issue. So by the time we got home from errands etc Jake's Dad was here to pick him up and I was tired, cranky & just wanted to relax....but I had an excited puppy on my hands that was raring to go. So off we went....for an almost 4 mile walk...and you know what...it really improved my mood in a huge way. Hes great company for me & going for walks in not nearly as boring as when I was going it alone. I love his company & his antics along the way. And hey...I'm getting a great shoulder workout too because I swear every time he sees a chipmunk, squirrel or rabbit he just about pulls my arm out of the socket. He's definitely got hunting dog in his blood...but he's really good to walk with...I just have to brace myself when the chipmunks race across the road in front of us.
Its only 9pm & I'm so tired already...Tanner is sound asleep so I think I'll go read a magazine for a bit before heading to bed. Thanks for letting me ramble on....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you...doing the layout about yourself! It's beautiful; love how the colors work together. And I got a chuckle out of the title, too. Maybe the puppy will be like my kids and outgrow the carsickness. Hope you're having a good weekend.
Brenda