9/22/08

Quick post ....

Because a lot of the new shows are starting tonight. Now I just have to decide which to watch now and which to record for later. Funny how much I look forward to the start of new shows & the continuation of ones I've come to love. A few years ago I went almost a whole year without watching a bit of TV....it wasn't planned that way I just did lots of reading & scrapbooking that year. I still love to read books & magazines but usually save the books for when I crawl into bed to lull me to sleep. And the magazines I flip through as I watch tv. My favorite book this year......Water for Elephants. This book was soooooooo good. If you think a book about circus life might not be for you...think again & give this book a try it was so good. One of those books that months later you are still thinking about. (Brenda...if you try this book be prepared not to get much done...but still read it....you won't be sorry....but you will be surprised at the ending)

TV shows I'm looking forward to this year???

Returning Favorites:

Grays Anatomy
Private Practice
Lost - later in the year I hear
Dirty Sexy Money
Desperate Housewives
Brothers & Sisters
CSI

New this year (or returning shows I'd like to check out)

Fringe
Privileged
Heroes
The Mentalist
Kath & Kim
Eleventh Hour
Crusoe

I'm excited to see Crusoe start because I think it will be a great Friday night show for Jake & I to curl up & enjoy together. When my daughter was about Jakes age Dr Quinn Medicine Woman was on every Friday night & we would make homemade pizza together & then sit down & enjoy the show together. (remember that Mand?) I'm hoping that with Crusoe, Jake & I will be able to share those same type of cozy Friday nights together.

Off to try to finish that page that is stumping me before the 9pm shows start. Have a nice night everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look, I can get in enough trouble reading without your help! LOL. I have heard good things about that book. And I'm eager for new TV shows, too. Check out Fringe...I'm addicted already and the sci-fi angle is not normally my thing. Books, TV, scrapbooking, chores...I need more hours in the day! Brenda