9/13/08

Jenni Bowlin & Basic Grey

I snuck away to my scrap space last night & finished a couple of layouts with the new Basic Grey lines that I have been waiting so long to get my hands on. So much fun !!

But first I wanted to share the layout I created with the Jenni Bowlin papers I showed on here last week. It was fun to make a layout with a full one of these die cut papers ( usually I cut them up & use the edges or sections of them.) Actually the green & brown scalloped paper on this layout is a piece I cut from the edge of a Pink Paislee die cut paper. I really liked the soft colors on this Jenni Bowlin line...and as promised I did cover up that silly un-needed #74 that was on the top left of the die cut paper.


In the close up below you can see detail a bit better. This was a bretty basic & simple page to do but I liked the end result. Ane yes...there's those Thickers that I love so much. They were a lighter shade of ivory that got a little lost on the page so I swiped a light brown ink pad across them to give them a slight tint of color.

On to Basic Grey....my favorite product line to work with. First from the Ambrosia line. Oh how I love these papers...the colors are sooooo gorgeous and vibrant. And I adore anything orange (as you can see from my shirt in the photo) so this line from Basic Grey is destined to be my all time favorite. The only thing on this page not from the Ambrosia line are the journaling pen, the gold pen used to outline the page & to add details & antenae to the butterflies and the rub on's with the gemstone centers. The ironic thing about this layout is that this photo of my son & I was actually taken at spot called The Butterfly Place. We were in a room full of butterflies....so even though the subject of the layout is not about that...the butterflies fit. For some reason I seem to be having trouble with the photos on my layouts sometimes looking hazy when I photograph the layouts...not sure why but it bugs me because the actual photos are clear & sharp.

In the photo below you can see that I adhered the butterflies with some 3D glue dots behind the wings to geve them more dimension. These were cut from the beautiful butterfly patterned paper in this set.

The title is made with the stickers that came included in the set. I had decided to make the first word upper case & the second in lower case letters. After I placed the NEV on my page I realized there was only 1 letter e in the orange stickers so I had to use the e from the cream colored stickers. I did the same thing with the second word just to make it look more intentional and you know what...I really like it. Gives the title a bit more interest don't you think?


Ok...next layout from the Offbeat line. I love this one !!! I'm not usually one who cares for cutsie type papers much but I love these. The colors are so happy & fun. And this page was a breeze to put together. I don't usually plan pages at all. I just gather my photo(s), some papers I want to use & I just start cutting & placing stuff on my page. This page took about 20 minutes to make ...love that because it gives me more time to start other projects.
And remember this photo from my blog earlier in the week? Notice anything missing? No green leash hanging down Tanner's back. Gotta love photoshop huh? This probably took me longer to do than making the whole layout did, but the picture definitely looks better without it.


A couple of detail pictures below so you can see how fun & colorful these papers and coordinating stickers are. The only thing on this layout not from the offbeat line is the "sweet" sticker to the right of Tanner's head, the title & the journaling pen.



Journaling reads: "waiting and wishing for that dog around the corner to come play with me"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some beautiful layouts, Donna. I particularly like the one with the Jenni Bowlin paper...I haven't seen that design before. You did a wonderful job matching your photos and choosing things to go with it to keep that soft, dreamy feel. I like the others, too, but this one really spoke to me.

Brenda