9/15/08

100 things I love

Kandice Matsler's blog (see link at right) had 100 of her favorite things listed & it was interesting to see what some of them were (the smell of sweaty horses?? lol) So thanks Kandice...you've inspired me to make my own list. Here goes....

1) The smell of bread baking in the oven

2) Office supply stores

3) Antique photos

4) Coffee Coolatta's

5) My family...above all else

6) Perfect fall weather

7) Honest, real people

8) Travel

9) Cameras & photography

10) Books by Greg Iles

11) Chocolate

12) Gardening

13) Daylilies

14) My jeep (yes Kandice I love my Jeep too...just wish it wasn't such a gas hog)

15) Being able to sleep in on Saturdays

16) Being able to sleep in on Sundays

17) Shopping

18) Scrapbooking magazines & idea books

19) Frozen Mudslides

20) The smell just after it rains

21) Having my arms tickled

22) Being creative

23) Wyoming

24) Long road trips

25) Maps

26) going to a Rodeo (but this is rare since we don't have real rodeos in New England)

27) Going to the movies

28) or just curling up at home to watch a movie

29) Being appreciated

30) Diet Coke

31) Cooking

32) candlelight Christmas Eve dinner with my kids

33) Movie marathons on New Years Eve (miss doing this with my daughter though)

34) Mexican food

35) Collecting native american jewelry

36) The smell and feel of fresh sheets on my bed

37) Eating out for breakfast

38) Being inspired by and meeting fellow scrap artists

39) The color orange

40) Watching my son play baseball

41) Maine coon cats (especially my sweet big boy Romeo)

42) Being a dog owner again

43) Country Music

44) Baking on days when we are snowed in

45) Watching Greys Anatomy

46) Knowing my daughter is happy & thriving

47) Getting to see her when she is on leave

48) Friday at 5pm ...let the weekend begin

49) Cozy sweaters in the fall

50) Taking walks with my son & Tanner

51) Sunsets

52) Sunrises (on the rare occasions I am up early enough to see them)

53) re-decorating

54) Antique glass x-mas ornaments

55) Mac makeup

56) Shopping at Coldwater Creek

57) Thunderstorms

58) Hiking

59) Being barefoot (but not while hiking)

60) Corvettes ( my dream car)

61) Blueberries

62) Fresh corn on the cob with real butter , salt & pepper

63) Old buildings

64) Colorful fall foliage

65) How a perfect spring day makes you feel after a long hard winter

66) Getting a new hairstyle ( this may happen soon for me)

67) Buying new shoes

68) Having a girls day of shopping & dining out with my daughter

69) Having great neighbors

70) Living in a small country town

71) Walking on the beach at the ocean

72) San Fransisco ( fun, fun city...even for this country girl)

72) Van Morrison music ( I hear the man himself can be pretty difficult)

73) Patterned paper

74) Bookstores

75) Philosophy skincare products

76) Scented candles burning on crisp fall days

77) Old barns

78) Tomatoes fresh from the vine

79) Cookbooks ( I have about a hundred of them )

80) Upbeat happy people

81) Feeling healthy & alive

82) Memories of my Dad

83) The sound of a baby's laughter

84) Waterfalls

85) Driving

86) My super comfy bed

87) Old books

88) Puppy's bedtime !!!

89) Home made lemonaide

90) Getting a raise

91) Feeling loved

92) My son's interest in learning to cook

93) Playing with scissors & paper

94) Getting gift cards as presents

95) Rocks

96) Buying new furniture

97) Writing

98) Taking a vacation

99) Time to myself

100) Hearing heartwarming stories that remind me there is more good in this world than bad.

Hey thanks Kandice...that was fun. If anyone wants to do one of their own I'd love to read your's too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Donna! I loved reading this! I think we might be kindred spirits- i *loved* your answers... :) thanks for sharing!!! it was fun for me to read too!