1/17/09

Pretty in Pink

Well actually I think my daughter looks pretty complimented by any color. And I'm biased I know....but sometimes I just look at her & say "wow". She is so gorgeous.

So here I am using pink again...I never use pink !!! And when I bought the Basic Grey bittersweet line I have to say this piece of paper was my least favorite of the bunch. So bright & with that busy wild pattern I thought I'd never find a use for it. Then I placed this photo on it & knew I had found a perfect match. I mounted it on dark brown cardstock and then just began placing random die cuts etc around the photo till I had a look I liked.

Below is a close up shot of the top half of the photo. You can't really tell from this picture but that die cut that the "love" sticker is on has pop dots behind it for added dimension.

And a close up of the lower half of the photo. A few more crystals added to match the ones used for the flower center. And see that little pink heart with the crystal on it....Slice again!! Loving that little machine !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed! I would have had the same reaction about the paper but you made it work. It helps, of course, to have such a beautiful subject in your photo but I love how you put this layout together. Brenda

Anonymous said...

AW THANKS MA