1/3/09

Layouts to share

I'm finally getting back into the swing of scrapbooking again. With the holidays & the ice storm that left behind so much damage to clean up & left us without power for so long I really didn't do much crafting at all for a few weeks. Last night I finished the 2 layouts below using photos of 2 things I wanted to be sure to document so I don't forget them. The first is my son cooking me dinner. The second was the ice storm that happened in December.

When I look at this photo of my son standing at the stove cooking I can really see the man he is growing up to be. With the narrow waist & wider shoulders it reminds me that he is growing up so fast. I love that he keeps the hand towel over his shoulder just like I do. I think the bright red of that towel would have been the main focal point of the layout if I hadn't added a couple more touches of red to it. And yes...the dinner he made was very yummy! This is a memory I will cherish always. Isn't it funny how the littlest things in life are the ones that bring us the most joy?


This ice storm just had to be documented. I doubt we will ever forget the memory of that scary night but I wanted to be sure to create a layout with some of the photos I took the morning after. Its a pretty basic layout that was quick to create without lots of different products or techniques. The main focus is the photos.


In this closer look you can see the pattern paper (Making Memories) that I cut the design from for the top & bottom of the pages. I thought it went really well with the theme of the layout. The title stickers are a sparkly ice blue and the journaling was done with a white gel pen. The best one I have ever found is made by American Crafts. It writes beautifully with no skipping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun to see your layouts here and in the post below. You have a great eye for color, and I'm proud of you for scrapping the photos of yourself, even if you don't love them. Brenda