1/10/09

Layout share & randomness

Hi everyone,

I think I finally found my scrapping mojo again. I suppose having the Slice to play with has helped. Sometimes finding the time is hard but when I do make the time play with paper & photos I'm always glad I did....even if it means I stay up way too late & then suffer getting up for work in the morning.

In a prior post I mentioned choosing "change" as my word this year to focus on. Made sense since there are so many things I want to accomplish this year & change is the one thing that will help with that. So I decided to create a layout with my 2009 word. The result is below.

The 2 black & white pattern papers are from Making Memories. I've had them for quite a while but am just recently getting around to using them. The one on the far left of the page is actually just black & white paper that came as a die cut paper with parts of the flowers cut out. The color on that paper is just cardstock that I backed it with. I played with the slice a lot with this one. The title, photo corners, scalloped circle and the layered cardstock flower ( see close up below) were all cut with the slice.


Here is the close up of the layered cardstock flower. I doodled around the edges to add dimension and inked around the edges of the title.

The die cut shapes here have doodling around the edges as well and a clear sticker in the center of the scalloped circle which helped it look less plain. The transparency on the far right of the page is from Hambly Screen prints.

Not much else happening here this weekend. Its snowing (again) another 6-12 inches predicted so I'm hanging out at home while Jake is at his Dad's. I finally gave in & picked up Twilight to read. I had heard so much raving about how good this series is but I have resisted because I didn't know if a book about vampires that teenage kids are so obsessed with would be my kind of thing. But curiosity got the better of me so I gave in & picked up a copy. And you know...so far...its really good. The only bad thing about a really good book is its very bad for my productivity around here. So...on that note...I think I'll go snuggle up & do some reading...lol.
Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

LisaW said...

Beautiful layout, Donna! You have me coveting the Slice, now. Bad Girl!

~Lisa
aka Timeless Crone at Gratitude!

Sonya said...

Hi Donna, So sorry I have not replied to your email yet! I have been meaning to- and will very soon. I live in N.Z, you were right! Clever you, I love what you have done using your Slice!!

I want to let you know that I have choosen you for a 'Lovely Blog Award. Check out my blog to copy and save the award logo then ...1. Add the logo to your blog.2. Link the logo back to my blog 3. Nominate 7 or more blogs.4. Leave a message on their blog, letting them know they are “One Lovely Blog”!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...a layout with your word for the year! And a lovely one, too, as I love the classic look of black and white. Don't know why but I've never thought to do a layout about my word. Thanks for the inspiration! Brenda