10/4/08

Special Delivery x 2

Oct 2nd was a day of special deliveries here...

Delivery # 1 - My nephew is now the proud dad of a new 10lb 2oz baby boy named Logan. Mom & baby are doing well which is a good thing since she has both diabetes & Lupus. He is such a big beautiful baby. Thankfully for his Mom he was delivered by c-section.

Delivery # 2 was waiting for me in my mailbox when I got home from work. In an envelope sent by my Mom I found the items in the photo's below with a note on the back of the envelope in Mom's handwriting that said " for your collection"

The first is a page from my dad's high school yearbook. What a treasure this is !! That's my dad on the left. I think its funny that under his photos it say his ambition is "mechanical engineer" and his hobbies are "hunting & fishing" and the Dad I loved was a salesman and I can't ever remember him hunting or fishing. I guess his interests changed as he grew up. The funniest part of this yearbook page is the quote he wrote to be placed with his photo. Not sure if you can read it on here but it says "I can't help it if people like me, especially the girls" Too too funny Dad !!!


The second treasure in the envelope was a bunch of old photos of my grandma & grandpa and also the one in the top left of the photo that is of my childhood home. They are clearer than this picture shows & I'm tickled pink to have them. Thanks Mom!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...I have snapshots that look like your last photo! They are a treasure indeed. Have fun figuring out how to showcase them in your scrapbooks. Brenda