10/11/08

Another perfect day

Perfect weather, perfect day spent with Jake & Tanner. I couldn't have asked for a better day. We started out at 8:30 this morning & climbed Mt Wachusett. I love that we have these trails to enjoy just a mile or so away from home. We spent about 3 hours hiking and found some new trails we hadn't tried before that we really liked. Tanner was in his element being able to run free off the leash chasing chipmunks. It was a good morning. We came home from there & headed off to drop my Jeep of to have new tires put on it. While we were waiting for that to be done we did a bit of shopping at the mall next door, had a late lunch/early dinner & saw a movie (City of Ember) We both enjoyed the movie a lot.

When we got home we took the dog for another short walk & now we are all cozy in our pj's watching the Red Sox game. Below are a few photos from our hike this morning to share with you.

Jake took this photo laying down on the ground looking up at the sky. Love it !! He says I should collect a bunch of different photos looking up at the sky and do a layout with them and call it "looking up" I think he might just have a good idea there.


Jake on Harrington Trail

Another picture taken by my little budding photographer.

And a couple we took with the self timer.


At the summit. By far my favorite picture of the day.
Jake wants me to ride on this chair lift up the side of the mountain one day. Yikes...with my fear of heights that might be tough. I told him I'd try it some day...as long as he doesn't mind if I have my eyes closed the whole time.
On Old Indian Trail...one of the new trails we tried and really loved.

Off to watch the Red Sox (hopefully) win. Have a nice night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Color me envious at your beautiful fall colors...such a treat to see your photos of them. The hiking looks wonderful, too, but I'm with you...no chair lifts for me. I've got the same fear of open heights you do! Keep encouraging your son to use the camera...he has a great eye. Brenda

Anonymous said...

I forgot...good for you for getting in the photos, too! Brenda