10/5/08

Color Combos Galore challenge

So I tried a new challenge this week from Color Combos Galore (see link at right of my page). They have a weekly color challenge & this weeks colors called for hot pink, kraft, white & black. Even though hot pink is waaaaaaay out of my comfort zone the combination of colors did appeal to me somehow so I decided to give it a try. Below is what I came up with.


This may be one of the only pages of mine that has hot pink on it but I can honestly say I like it. And no....that is not a doily on my page...but it kind of resembles one doesn't it? That die cut paper is new from Creative Imaginations and the color was perfect for this color scheme. The transparency overlay to the left of the photo is also from Creative Imaginations and the one to the right is from Hambly Screen Prints.

The page definitely needed something more than just the pink behind the photo so I added a bit of paint around the edge of the page & some crystals & detailing with my Zig pen & a pink glitter pen around the inside edge of the die cut paper and around the crystals. I also added black detailing around the title to make it pop. You can see this a bit better in the photo below.

And since the challenge for this color combo ends today I guess I'm sliding in just under the wire. I have to say though that I really enjoy doing these challenges....it makes you step outside your comfort zone & try things you might never have thought to do with your pages..in this case...hot pink.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is a gorgeous page! Love all the products you have mixed together on here and the bling to add to the circle frame is just the perfect detail. Thanks for playing along with the color combo challenge :)

Unknown said...

YAY! love how you tried tried out the hot pink, this looks great! Hope you had fun with the color challenge!