10/30/08

Pumpkin carving & a layout to share

I thought I'd share a few photos of Jake carving his pumpkin last night. And there is Tanner lurking in the background hoping something slimy will drop on the ground for him to pounce on. I swear there is nothing this dog won't try to eat. My slippers are still his favorite though.


This is the first pumpkin that Jake designed & carved all by himself. And still Tanner lurks in the background and has not given up hope yet.

Such a patient puppy.

A little blurry but I think Jake did a pretty good job on his jac-o-lantern. He was very proud of himself.

On to other things....I finished this layout the other night with Basic Grey's new Wassail Christmas paper line. I don't do a lot of event type scrapbook pages such as birthdays, holidays etc. But I loved the versatility of this new line from Basic Grey. The only thing on this page not from the Wassail line are the tan cardstock, the title and the metal sticker that says "the spice of life" at the bottom right of the photo. Who says Christmas papers need to be used for Christmas layouts? Not me!
Journaling reads : Just an ordinary night tucking you in for a good nights sleep.

I loved this red paper sooooo much. It has such a vintage look to it doesn't it? I also loved the vine/floral sticker that looks so nice with it. And that black blob in the front of the photo...that's pesky Cody all ready to snuggle up with Jake for the night. This is far from the perfect photo..that cat is too dark & Jake is a little washed out from the lamp right next to him and dark on the other side of him....but if you're trying to capture a memory or just an everyday moment on your page perfect photos really aren't the most important thing. Not to me anyway.....

The sticker to the right of the photo was one of my favorite from the sticker sheet that came with the paper. What will Basic Grey come out with next? These last releases have been my absolute favorites by far.....but I'm sure I'll be the first in line for their next releases too.

No comments: