10/10/08

Another color challenge....

...for Color Combos Galore. This was a fun one. The colors for this challenge were sunflower, alabaster, charcoal gray & silver. Another one that made me step out of my comfort zone....but for this picture the colors worked. My sister in law took this photo of Jake in the back seat of her convertible and I knew I wanted to go for a sort of retro look layout to go with this black & white shot.


The patterned papers from Basic Grey's Ambrosia & Offbeat lines worked great for this retro feel. I have a really hard time tilting photos on an angle in layouts, but every now & then I'll tilt my paper & like it just fine. Hard to tell from these photos but the "Ack" part of the title are metal letters from Were R Memory Keepers. And the 3 yellow diamond shaped accents on the right side of the photo are an old gift card that I cut up. Worked perfect & didn't cost a penny. Gotta love that !!!

And a close up of the silly photo of Jake that inspired the layout. Priceless !!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! awesome title for this pic! everything worked out so perfect here! So glad you gave the colors a shot and got the colors to work for you, you didn't give up on the combo, awesome!

Belinda Venables said...

This turned out excellent!

Love the little splash of yellow - you did good!

Thanks for playing.

xx