10/26/08

Random weekend stuff

Wow ...finally a chance to relax. Today was a very productive day. I got so much of my fall yard work done today and the weather was gorgeous, so raking leaves was almost enjoyable.....almost. I also cut back most of my gardens. It was so hard cutting back green healthy looking plants but a good hard frost will turn them all dead & slimey soon so better to do it now when its less messy & yucky.Theres still lots more to do around here but a full day of being productive definitely put a good dent in it. Tanner was so good while I got things done here so I took a break to take him for a well deserved walk and then got back to work getting things done. When we finally came in for the day I decided a little comfort food would be the perfect way to end the day. So we had this yummy homemade macaroni & cheese for dinner. Healthy....no , not likely. But I figure I burned off the calories & then some so I felt no guilt eating it.


Yesterday Jake & I took the dog to hike up the mountain again and then Jake had the annual Halloween Howler party to attend last night. Below are a couple of photos of my scary little wrestler Mo-Hawk.

Tonight he looks almost as scary as this too because he has some horrible rash all over his face & his face is swollen almost beyond recognition. It looks like posion ivy but it doesn't itch...so we're not sure what it is. I called his Dr to talk to the On Call Dr tonight and ask if they thought he should go to the emergency room rather than wait till tomorrow but they said he should be fine with Benadryl, ice for the swelling and to have him sleep with lots of pillows propping him up. But I will defintley be calling his Dr first thing in the morning to get him treated before it gets in his eyes or mouth.


No comments: