6/29/09

In my quest for solitude...

So this beautiful boy would have less people to possibly jump on...

We tried the trail at this land trust about a half a mile away from my house. I had never been there before so I didn't know what to expect. But I rarely see any cars in the small clearing on the side of the road where the trail begins so we gave it a shot today.
I prayed it wouldn't be a mess to get through like the one a few weeks ago. But it was actually a beautiful walk through woodlands loaded with ferns....
I took the picture below just before a large deer shot across the path in front of us. Tanner gave the poor thing a run for its money I'm afraid...he is one fast dog...but I think in the end the deer was faster. I was worried Tanner would chase it too far from me but he came back pretty quickly.
Then we passed through a meadow full of wild blueberries...yum.
Then through some more woods when suddenly we came across this unexpected sight. Wow...how gorgeous !!!
Tanner had fun splashing around in the water while I took pictures...
And blue sky...what a welcome sight that was with all the rain we have had here in June.
To the left of this picture was a large beaver den but I couldn't get a good shot of it. I also missed getting a picture of the large blue heron that flew up out of the grasses in front of me & off to the other side of the water.
The reflections were really pretty on the calm serene water.
After we finished playing near the water we continued on our way through some really pretty woodlands. It was such a nice walk & I know we will definitely go there again soon.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

So beautiful! You're lucky to have a place like that in your own backyard. :) Glad puppy is doing okay!

Anonymous said...

Love your photos and descriptions...I almost feel like I was there walking along with you! Brenda

Sonya said...

Thanks for the walk Donna!! You live in such a gorgeous place!