7/2/09

With a little help from my friends...

I finally found time to do a layout...and I'm really not sure I like it. It just looks too busy to me. I like the colors, like the larger photo of Jake on my favorite section of trail on the mountain (the plants and rocks in this area are so cool) I think if I had left the border of the photo alone I would have liked the end result more.

And I can thank Kristi for the cool new use for glimmer mist. Great idea Kristi...I will definitly be trying this again soon. And Brenda....do you recognize the paper behind the "life" portion of the title? Its one of the textured papers you sent me...and yes the Slice cut this particular one with no problem. The felt & fabric stem & leaves is actually the remains of a catnip toy after my cats tore apart the rest of it to get at the catnip. I love it on this page though....kitty drool and all.
Thats it for tonight...this darn chair is putting me to sleep again so I'm heading off to bed. Have a great 4th of July everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might be right about the border around the photo, Donna. All those ferns in the picture are beautiful but visually distracting and a plain border might have given the eye less to sort out. I do like the page though...great colors and balance. And I'm so glad to hear your Slice will cut through at least some of the textured papers. The small samples are perfect for accents like you used here. It's always a treat to see you work. Brenda