6/14/09

A gift of love

My daughter gave me this lovely arbor for Mothers Day and I have kept her waiting too long to see how beautiful it looks. Here it is Mand....I finally got it assembled & in place. Isn't it gorgeous? Love, love love it !!! And it will always make me think of my beautiful, thoughtful girl. The garden behind it always makes me think of her too since she & I planted it together on Mothers Day 2 years ago.


This was truly a gift of love & I will always cherish it. Love how it frames the view across my front yard. I'm thinking a walkway to the front door needs to get added to my wish list of things to accomplish someday.

As soon as the cement in the holes sets those bricks at the bottom will be gone & plants will go into place. Can't you just imagine this with a pretty flowering vine climbing up it?

And speaking of love.......how much do I love this girl for helping me get this project done? I can do many things but building things is just not something I enjoy or am very good at. Liz to the rescue! She pretty much built the whole thing while I handed her things as she needed them.

She has been my closest friend for more than 35 years and she is such an amazing person. Love this girl!!!
I never would have got this done as quickly without her help. Thanks Liz...you're the best !!
And thank you Mand for this beautiful gift of love. Hurry home safely so you can see it in person. Love you !!! (P.S. .... You're stuck with me)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW mom it looks great! cant wait to see it with flowers! I thought that It would be a darker color wood, but its looks good the color it is. so is the honeysuckle plant the orange one that we were talking about? hope so! Anyway Im off to take some pictures of beautiful Germany! Its amazing here, cant wait to talk to you! Love you mom, your stuck with me too!!!! Love me!

PS Gook work liz, so nice of you to help!

Anonymous said...

Awesome addition to your yard. I love that every time you see it you will think of your sweet daughter. I think it was the perfect gift...and good for you and your friend for putting it together. Brenda