6/1/09

The Funnel

I've been a bad blogger lately haven't I? Why....look no further than this photo & you may guess why. The funnel.

Ok...I know...that makes no sense at all does it? Let me explain...

Flash back 30 years to my late teen years. I wasn't a bad kid...but like so many teens in the 70's I went through my partying phase. There was a group of people we hung out with & usually we ended up at the same house. In the corner of the living room was a big white chair that the homeowners had affectionately called "the funnel" because everyone who sat in it got "sucked in" and fell fast asleep. There was also a phrase attached to the chair "you snooze , you lose" but thats a story for another time (thankfully I never fell asleep in that chair though : )

Now flash forward to today. See that cozy chair inthe photo above. Its my own modern day "funnel". I bought this amazing chair for my bedroom about a year ago so I'd have my own little reading nook. But most nights I was in the living room & the chair was sitting unused. So a couple of weeks ago I moved it to the living room and it has been so nice to relax & recline in it each night. The problem? It "sucks me in" every time and before I know it I'm sound asleep.

So I apologize for my boring blog these days...I do have another layout to share...but for now...I'm fading fast again. zzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, can I relate to this! I have my own "funnel" in the form of the corner of the couch in my scrapbook room. I usually sit there to read the paper and watch the news, then find myself sinking lower and lower. If I don't get up and move, I'm history. Glad to know I'm not alone. LOL. Brenda

Sonya said...

Love your comfy 'funnel' corner!! We all need one of those.