6/8/09

Eye Spy....

Eye spy a little dog....well actually he's not so little , but in this picture he is. Can you spot him poking his head up from behind the ferns?

I actually love the way the sun is shining through the trees in this picture. Tanner & I went to the mountain early in the morning on Saturday & Sunday this past weekend to do some hiking. I'd rather sleep in a bit on the weekends, but the goal was to get our hike in before too many people arrived to hike. The less people on the trails with us, the less people for Tanner to try to jump on. Thankfully we saw no bears while we were out there alone.

Its so peaceful being there so early in the morning & unlike our walks through town, Tanner can run off leash when we hike so I try to do it with him as much as possible. He is such a bundle of energy and being able to run some of it off is so good for him.
These are the times I'm really thankful for my health because I know there are some people who are unable to do something as simple as taking a hike in the woods.
We couldn't have a hike without Tanner burying his head in the ground looking for critters. Someday I swear he is going to stick his head in a hole & come out with a chipmunk clamped on to the end of his nose.
Its supposed to rain most of this week so I don't think any hiking will be in our immediate future. Have a great week everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place to hike. I'm envying your pleasant temperatures...when we walked in Memphis the heat index was 109! Brenda