5/28/09

A couple new layouts to share

I made a couple of quick layouts this week with some of the new products I had bought at the scrapbook convention recently.

I love the colors in this first one...it might even inspire me to re-do my living room in these colors...lol. The burnt red cardstock and the white paper framing the photo (cut with the slice machine) are the only things that are not Theresa Collins. I had been wanting to get my hands on this line for a while now & when I found it at the convention I scooped up a whole bunch of it.

This picture is one I had been wanting to scrap for about a year now. My sister running the final stretch of the Boston marathon and my son running at her side for a short distance.My sister is an amazing inspiring person and I've enjoyed seeing her run many races...including this marathon. But this day had special meaning as she was running for team Parkinson in honor our Dad who had suffered with Parkinsons for years and also for her husband who had recently been diagnosed with the disease. An emotional day for all of us that I wanted to make sure to record in my scrapbooks.

Below is a closer shot showing how yummy these Theresa Collins papers, phrases & chipboard charms are. The title was also cut with my Slice. Have I mentioned lately how much I love this machine?

This next one was created with Crate Paper, Theresa Collins and my Slice machine.
I placed the patterned paper & my photo side by side as they would be on my layout and then used the Slice to cut a circle in them. I cut a scalloped circle out of the dark brown Crate paper (also with the Slice)and then mounted the Theresa Collins "remember this " cardstock circle on it, topped with the chipboard charm that says "the good stuff" and placed it in the center of the large cut circle. Loved how that came out....definitlely something I will do again sometime.
The color didn't come out too great on this photo....the patterned paper on the left of the photo is actually green....but looks more tan here. Probably because I photographed it indoors rather than outside in natural daylight. Ah well....
Off to print a few more photos and then to bed. Have a great night !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always Donna, these are great layouts. You have a great style with your choices of color and simple additions. Glad you were able to find some new products you'd been looking for...so you can use them and we can enjoy seeing them. Brenda