5/25/09

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. I know that Memorial Day is the beginning of summer & filled with cookouts & weekend getaways...but I hope everyone also remembered the real meaning of Memorial day today...a day to remember those who have lost their lives serving this country in our armed forces (and I personally think its a good day to give thanks for those who continue serve.)

On Mothers day my gorgeous girl left for Iraq on her first 6 month deployment.

Luckily she won't be in Iraq that whole time. She leaves there on Weds for 6 weeks in Italy, then a week in Germany and a week in France before returning to Iraq for the remainder of the 6 months. Having her in the Navy has helped me to remember what Memorial Day is really about. Keep your fingers crossed for me that she comes home safely in November.

I had a really long list of things to get done this weekend and it was gorgeous weather for 3 full days....in the upper 70's to low 80's with no humidity....perfect for yard work. I worked really hard on Saturday all day...took Sunday off to go for a bike ride & get the grocery shopping done & then finished up some things today till about noon and then we had company come over for a cook out & then Jake's game. So I've update my to-do list....

Doesn't it feel so good to be able to check things off of a list.....my lists never end but it still feels good to make them smaller...

- re-edge & mulch 2 gardens - Done
- finish washing the deck
- finish fencing in the vegetable garden - Done
- finish planting annuals in the pots on the deck - Done
- mow & weed whack lawn - Done (except for the very far back grove area...still need to get to that)
-wash the Jeep
- take hard top off the Jeep & put the soft top on (if I can find someone to help me lift it)
- 2 baseball games - Done (one was rescheduled)
- grocery shopping - Done
- laundry - Done
-bike ride - Done
- hiking Done
I'm off to bed soon but wanted to leave you with a funny picture I took in Disney.....I love this photo these 2 flamingo's each standing on 1 leg with their head tucked in ...too funny.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I think of your daughter often and wonder how she is getting on.