5/23/09

photo share

ok...so I may never stop doing so many pages of him if I cant stop photographing him. He was such a good boy today hanging out with me while I did all my yard & garden work. I got so much accomplished today that tomorrow I'm going to spread the last of the mulch & then spend the afternoon going for a bike ride.

I took a few photos of some of my favorite plants that are in bloom right now. This lamium will always make me think of my Mom since we both bought one last summer when we went to White Flower Farms in Ct. I saw hers last week when I visited her...and sorry Mom but mine is about twice as big. It must be very happy where I planted it. Isn't it a great looking plant? Love the variegated leaves.


This is one of my favorite Hostas (June) I love the color variations in the leaves...gorgeous !!
This pretty woodland flower is a columbine....this is the first year it really bloomed well so I was happy to see these lovely flowers arrive this year.
Jake picked out these petunias for the deck. Love them !!!
And saving the best for last....my favorite flower in all of my gardens is in full bloom today with more gorgeous flowers than ever. I never used to like Iris' but I adore them now. Any wonder why....so beautiful !!! I think I may frame this photo so I can enjoy it all year.
That's all for tonight. I am soooooo tired after 8 hours of working outside today. I'm off to bed. Have a great weekend everyone.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Awe, your flowers & plants are so pretty. I still haven't made the time to get out and get some stuff for my balcony garden....hopefully I'll get to it before the summer ends, lol!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos of your flowers, Donna. I love seeing what you grow in your part of the country that we don't see down here. Your hard work is paying off...these are lovely. Brenda