5/12/09

Chef Jake does it again....

I came home from work tonight tired and just wanting to relax....But I also wanted to get out & begin digging up grass so I can get my veggie garden planted this weekend. I asked Jake " do you mind if we just have a bowl of cereal for dinner tonight so I don't have to cook?"

But my boy had other plans. He had been watching Challenge on the cooking channel...one of his favorite shows....and he was inspired to create a dish all his own. So while I dug in the dirt he got to work and made this yummy dish for dinner.

Pasta tossed with a olive oil that he had added a bit of fresh rosemary, dried basil, and crushed red pepper flakes to. Topped with fresh mozzarella...broiled till melted . And then topped with steak cutlets he had breaded with a new french onion coating mix I had purchased. Sauteed till done in a bit of olive oil (we use olive oil rather than canola or vegetable oil for everything except baking)
I've said it before but it bears repeating....this boy is going to make someone very happy one day with his love of cooking. And boy can this kid cook. Thanks Jake for a delicious dinner & for saving me from cooking. Love you sweetie !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dinner looks delicious! Hurrah for Jake for helping you out and for adding a new specialty dish to his menu. I'll bet he enjoyed doing it as much as you enjoyed having the time for your yard. Brenda