5/21/09

Down & dirty

hah...my ex used to say that...but I can't remember exactly why. I think maybe playing poker with the guys.

No poker being played here though...what I was referring to was me....down in the garden getting dirty. The only time I like getting grubby. I love gardening...love the sense of accomplishment when things begin to grow and transform, love the way working in the yard relaxes me, love the solitude & quiet of working on my own out there...just me, my thoughts & plenty of fresh air.

Tonight I was able to get a couple of things scratched of my long list of things to try to get done over the long weekend. The vegetable garden & blueberry bushes are all planted & the fence posts are in place. The garden at the end of my driveway that was covered in dirt & rocks when the telephone pole was replaced last winter has been repaired/replanted/re-edged & mulched. and all the gardens are watered (which reminds me one of the gardens still has a sprinkler turned on...need to go shut that off) My cell phone also got watered too since I had it on the deck railing where the sprinkler was soaking it for a good half hour. May need to buy a new one tomorrow if it doesn't dry out enough to work by then.

So now my list to work on for the weekend looks like this...wish me luck !!!

- re-edge & mulch 2 gardens
- finish washing the deck
- finish fencing in the vegetable garden
- finish planting annuals in the pots on the deck
- mow & weed whack lawn
-wash the Jeep
- take hard top off the Jeep & put the soft top on (if I can find someone to help me lift it)
- 2 baseball games
- grocery shopping
- laundry
-bike ride
- hiking

hmmm...wonder if I can even get half of this done...

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Holy smokes that's one ambitious weekend to-do list! Thank goodness you've got an extra day. :)

Sonya said...

Go you!!! Jeppers, by comparison my weekend will be a holiday! Winter is here in Duntroon, so far too cold for gardening, great for scrapping thought:-) Sounds as though your garden is on the mend, well done to you!!