8/29/09

Staycations are the best !!!

Summer is winding down and today it feels like fall has already arrived. Rain all day and temps in the mid 50's....brrrr. All the windows are closed and I was half tempted to get a fire going tonight.

I've been on vacation this past week with Jake & have Monday & Tuesday of next week off as well. Jake goes back to school on Weds and I will sadly go back to work myself. That's going to be a tough adjustment for me after a week & a half off.

No travels for this vacation week & it has been the awesome. We hung out at home & did some cooking together today since it was cold, wet & raw outside. The other days we did something fun each day...hiking, mini golf, a baseball game, a water park etc. A very fun , very relaxing week....and I didn't use my camera all week so I don't have any photos to show for it...but I do have some great memories of a great week with Jake.

Next week we will take a day trip to the ocean to hang out at the beach & play in the arcades as a last hurrah before summer officially ends for us. Its been an odd summer with lots of cool weather and rain...I hate to see it end , but I also love fall. Its such a beautiful time of year and I do look forward to it. I just wish it didn't have to be followed by winter : (

Today I woke with a scratchy throat...and by tonight it has quickly turned into a lot of sneezing & congestion & a sore throat. I'm hoping I can fight it off with the the help of Zicam (which I swear by). I'm heading to bed soon with a big warm blanket and a box of tissues.

Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Donna - thank you for the blog visit and also for your lovely comment :)
We are creeping into spring here in Australia and welcoming the sunny days, and hopefully you will feel better soon so you can enjoy the rest of your summer!