8/16/09

Observations of an 11 year old

So today I did my second triathlon with my sisters (update & photos to follow soon) and on the ride home my son & I were listening to the radio & got into a discussion about Woodstock (since this weekend is the 40th anniversary of that concert) Jake actually didn't even know what Woodstock was but was very interested in hearing about it. He then informed me that this week was also the anniversary of man walking on the moon. The conversation from there went like this:

Me: I remember when that happened because they had us watch it on TV in school.

Jake : You actually had tv back then?

Me: (smiling) yes we actually had tv back then

Jake : But you didn't have color tv did you?

Me: No I think at that point we just had black & white tv.

Jake: (totally serious & straight faced) That's how you know your really old.

Too funny !!! Out of the mouthes of babes huh?

Will share more about the race soon....it was very fun, very hot & I think we came in 5th place again but all the results were not posted yet last time we checked. Hope you all had a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Age is relative, isn't it. Glad to hear you did well in the team triathlon...good for you for challenging yourself like that. Looking forward to photos and a full report. Brenda