8/11/09

Layout share

Remember those die cut papers I couldn't keep my hands off while shopping the other day?

Below is a layout I created with one of them. Don't you just love the shape of this background paper? The patterned paper used on the page is also from the same paper line from Collage Press. I believe it was called "Knave of hearts" I loved the colors in this paper grouping...shades of gray, mustard, soft teal (your favorite Brenda), burnt red. I wanted them all but instead chose 3-4 favorites to take home with me.

I usually struggle with how to use these die cut papers...use them whole? cut them up? I love them but they are really a challenge for me. I know it looks as if I placed this gray die cut on a light grey cardstock background but that is actually my deck box that it was sitting on when I took the picture. The dark grey paper is the base...and I was really pleased with this page. Very basic & quick to do...but with the colors of the papers & the black & white photo of Tanner I am loving this page. More pages to share soon hopefully....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How pretty is that! I can see why you loved those papers as the color combination is beautiful, especially the teal. : ) Love what you did with it, too. I usually cute the die cut paper apart but I really like how this turned out so I may rething that. Great job. Brenda