8/23/09

for a friend

I had posted a few weeks back about my friend/mechanic losing his daughter in a car accident. He worked on my car recently and seemed in good spirits. He said he has his good days & his bad days but although he acted his usual silly self. when I saw him....joking & teasing....I could see the sadness in his eyes even while there was a smile on his face. I never met his daughter but this man is one of the most genuinely good people I have ever met & my heart hurts for him that he has had to suffer such a tragic loss. If there is anyone less deserving of that heartache it would be him. Although no one deserves to lose a child do they?

I wanted to do something nice for him after a little time had gone by. So I copied a photo of her from the facebook page that was created in her memory and created a framed 12x12 page for him. I'm hoping that this gift will bring him joy and not sadness. I tried to do it in neutral colors so it might look good where ever he chose to hang it.

She was partial to peace signs and at her wake there were hundreds of photos of this beautiful girl on display & in most of them her hands were in the peace sign. So this photo with both hands up and a dazzling smile was the obvious choice to use.

The orange peace sign in the photo below was actually a drink coaster from a restaraunt I ate lunch at recently. I knew as soon as I saw it what I would use it on. It was much brighter so I swiped a brown inkpad over it to tone it down a bit.
The top portion of the text was stamped in brown & then I went over it with a glaze pen. The pattern papers & butterfly die cut are Crate Paper. The center text is American Craft foam Thickers (inked over to match the layout better) And the "forever" letters I think are KI Memories (can't remember)
I hope he likes it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. I'm sure that he will LOVE it. What a lovely, thoughtful gift. I'm really moved.

Unknown said...

Your heart matches his...this is absolutely beautiful & I have no doubt that every time he looks at this it will make him smile.

Ya did GOOD!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome gift, Donna. Not only is the page beautiful, but your heart shows through in it as well. I know that he will treasure it and your friendship, too. Brenda