7/19/09

Worldwide Photowalk 2009

Welcome to Portsmouth New Hampshire...and be warned...lots of photos ahead...

My sweet friend Brenda posted about how she & her husband we doing the world wide photo walk at the location near her in Florida and when I heard about it I signed up for it as well. I chose to participate in the one in Portsmouth NH about an hour & a half away from my house. I knew this was a lovely ocean side town full of history and scenery and would be a great place to take photos. This was so much fun & really made you so aware of taking in your surroundings. I will definitely do it again next year...maybe try a new location. But I'd love to do some on my own here & there too just for fun.

For some reason blogger isn't letting me move the below photos around into categories (boats, plants, etc) so below is a mixed up collection of my favorite photos. I have to choose two of them to submit to the photowalk website...so if anyone has any you think I should use (that means you Brenda & Wayne) I'm open to any suggestions.

There are so many old brick buildings & gorgeous gardens and this porch with the weathered steps and wrought iron chair caught my eye...

Very old houses everywhere you turn
This scene just caught my eye for some reason...not sure exactly why...but I kind of like it
Random close up shot...
The ivy on some of the old brick buildings was really fun to photograph....great textures.
This tree in one of the gardens was so cool....
Random harbor photo with a sea duck putting on a show for me....love the old green boat. I may submit this one...
This one I chose to keep the top edge of the fence in as a border to frame the lower edge of the photo.
Love the color contrast in this picture...
a couple of pigeon buddies... I learned on this photo shoot just how fun brick is to have in your photos...
Another harbor view...
I like the lines in this photo...I also am considering this one for submission...
More brick....love the old fire box too.
Peeking through a temporary wall into a construction site and to the view of the bridge beyond. This one may be submitted also (but I can only choose 2)
A colorful storefront...
Love this one of the tugboats....a definite possibility for submission...
More plants (one of my favorite things to photograph)
The tugboats before the fog lifted...
more fog....
and more fog over the harbor.
This town was full of textures and plants to photograph. I love this photo...
Love this one too..
this door number caught my eye...
Love the colors in this photo...
And one last photo of the ivy that was all over town. I like the contrast & lines of this one...

And that's my favorites out of 150 photos taken. Any suggestions for submission?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Donna...making a choice of just two will be difficult. I personally liked the stairwell and the two red tug boats but some of the others are lovely as well. I have the feeling you and I would take similar photos if we were on a walk together. Hope you had a good time doing the walk. Brenda