7/12/09

Layout share

I finally found some time to work on a scrapbook page and this one is my new favorite page. I love how it came out. Love the colors, love how they "pop" on the white background ( I need to scrap with white cardstock more often..these always end up being my favorite pages) Love everything about this page except for one thing....I wish I hadn't put the fine black line around the edge because I messed it up a bit. I may end up trying to cover that some day.....or maybe not.

Below is a closer look. When I pulled out this Basic Grey paper from the Marakesh line I knew that the quilt look of the paper was a perfect match with this picture of Jake & Tanner in front of my favorite barn. The layered die cuts that the "boy" portion of the title are on were cut with the Slice (love that machine so much !!!) I'm so happy with how this page turned out...its been a while since I did a page I really loved.
I copied some pictures of Amanda to my computer from her mysapce page so I can do some pages of her for a change. I'm sure she's getting tired of seeing just pages of Jake & Tanner on here....sorry Mand. I promine the next pages will be for you.

2 comments:

Sonya said...

Hi Donna, First let me say THANKYOU ever so much for the delightful handmade gift you sent me, its gorgeous, I have it sitting on my window sall in my craft room, and I love it!!
Second I also love your scrapbook page and the black outline looks great from where I sit.Love all of the detail!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout, Donna...you're a pro making that Basic Grey shine. And you're right...the photo of Jake and Tanner is perfect with it. It's rare I pick white for a background but you've got me thinking I need to consider it more often. I think the black line looks good but if it stands out too much for you, try moving it closer to the edge. I always put mine as close to the edge as I can make it. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work. Brenda