7/17/09

Counting my blessings

Phew...what a week. Work has been crazy and I'm so glad its Friday. On Weds I went to the calling hours of my dear friends daughter and then to the funeral on Thurs. It was so very sad to see such a beautiful young girl's life cut short & to see my friend do what no parent should have to do...bury their child. I feel so sad for him and find myself counting my blessings that my own daughter survived her youth. And that we all have our health.

The weekend doesn't look any less busy than my week was....but should be more fun. Tomorrow I will be doing the worldwide photo walk in Portsmouth NH. Looks like I may be doing it in the some rain but I'm still looking forward to it. Brenda....looks like you might be doing it in some rain as well from what the weather channel says.

On Sunday I am doing my first race ever & am very nervous about that. My sisters & I are doing a small triathlon as a relay team and I am doing the bike portion. I hope I don't embarrass them by making us come in last place. Ah well its all just for fun and as long as I don't wipe out I'm sure it will be a blast. Wish me luck.

I'll have photos to share soon I'm sure. Have a great weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The loss of the life of a young person seems so much more tragic, doesn't it? I guess it's all the lost opportunities. I hope your friend will find comfort in the memories of the happy times he shared with his daughter and in the support of friends like you. Brenda