11/29/08

Layouts to share

A couple of weeks ago I shared my excitement that I had been asked to be a guest designer for an upcoming dare on the NZ Dare blog. I wasn't able to share any details or the page I did for the dare until they posted it on their blog...but now I can.

The dare was to create a layout that was a nature scene with no people in the photo & also the layout had to have a Haiku poem on it ( 3 lines - 5 syllables in the first & last line & 7 syllables in 2nd line) I'm not a poet by any means and Haiku's never really did much for me. So this one was a tough one for me. Picking out the photo was the easy part since I have lots to choose from. The photo in the layout below is from a 4 wheeling excursion my son & I did in Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray Colorado a few years back. Such a gorgeous place & I've been wanting to scrap this photo for a long time..

So the layout below is what I came up with for my dare entry.


And below is a layout I finished yesterday. Very simple and quick to put together. I love the colors on this one. Most of the patterned papers are from Basic Grey's Urban Prarie line...when I bought it I never would have thought it would be so versatile & that I'd be turning to it so often when pulling together layouts.
I probably should explain this photo and why I wanted to scrap it. My son came home from playing basketball with the neighbor boy and asked me if they could play video games together. I told him that I thought it was much too nice of a day to be indoors playing on the playstation. A few minutes later I came around to the front of the house from the back yard & there they were sitting on the front porch, with the tv just inside playing baseball on the playstation. I had to laugh out loud when I saw them. Pretty clever huh?
The chipboard title letters are from Martha Stewart...I got them on clearance & I really like them a lot. You can't see it from this photo but they are shiny..and the color is so pretty isn't it?

That's it for tonight...I have another layout to share soon...just have to get it photographed first. For now I'm off to bed...enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna...both layouts are beautiful! And I love the story about the boys "playing" outside...a great memory to preserve. Your poem is perfect for the mood of your photo. Great job!