11/27/08

Giving Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Just a quick post as I have to get my carrot souffle cooked before I head over to my sisters for a delicious feast. I spoke with my daughter this morning. She is sad she can't make it home for Thanks giving but she'll be home 3 weeks from today so that will be here before I know it. And she is spending the weekend with her boyfrined who has come down to Florida from his base in Virginia to spend the weekdend with her...so I know she'll have a very happy weekend.

Off to finish my baking but I'll leave you with a few things that I'm thankful for today (and every day)

  • My family above all else !!!
  • My health
  • Our troops, some of whom are not able to enjoy the Thanksgiving with family that we are enjoying today
  • Having a roof over my head, food to feed my family & a warm fire to heat my home.
  • Good neighbors
  • Being an American
  • Having a 5 day break from work for the holiday weekend
  • Being only 3 weeks away from seeing my beloved daughter again.
  • November being almost over...that means I'm one month closer to springtime.
  • Having a big piece of property so I can garden to my hearts content
  • Living in a small town.

I'm sure I could go on & on...but there's cooking to be done. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: