11/4/08

Random ramblings & a layout to share

Fall is truly here....and Christmas is only weeks away. This is what the trees off of my back deck look like...almost completely bare now...how depressing & grey things look in the winter. Just the oaks are yet to drop their leaves now.


That said though today was a gorgeous day here....70 degress this afternoon. Jake had no school & I took the day off as well. What did we do today????? Bet you can't guess by looking at the picture below. The good news is that the wood is finally all stacked...woo hoo. But I still have lots of dead wood to pull from the woods, cut & stack. I am so glad though to have all that wood that was deleivered over the fall moved & stacked. After we finished this we went to the town hall to vote. I was voter number 962 for my town (population approx 5000 I think). I have never been so torn in my decision voting ever....I stood there for a full 5-10 minutes second guessing my choice. And Jake & I have been glued to msnbc.com all night watching updates every 2 minutes. Very very close race but right now it looks like Obama may take it.

Since I was home during daylight hours I was able to photograph this recent layout that I finished so I thought I'd share it with you all. The patterned papers and most of the stickers are from basic Grey's new Granola line. Love the earthy colors in these papers. These pictures were taken last winter when Amanda came home on leave for the holidays. Sweet sweet memories !!! Can't wait to see her again.

I love these two pictures of my kids together...especially the one with Mand hugging Jake with her eyes closed. They say a picture is worth a thousand words...and when I look at this one there is one word that jumps right out at me loud & clear. LOVE.

This picture of me with my long hair makes me almost with I hadn't cut it all off. I'm still loving the new cut but the long hair was a vanity thing I guess and I do sort of miss it. Don't miss taking care of it though.

Of to get Jake ready for bed. He just made me laugh out loud when he turned & asked the dog "Tanner...who do you want Bark-Obama or Mc-Bone". Too too funny....out of the mouthes of babes huh? Have a good night everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm behind on my blog-hopping and trying to catch up. Love your layout...the BG papers are a perfit fit for your lovely photos. And you're right...the connection and love your two children share shows through. Great job! Brenda

Jake said...

what a relief it is to have the wood stacked but now we have to cut dead wood up