11/8/08

Things to be thankful for today..

Thankful that I can appreciate the beauty of the world around me....


...even when the landscape I'm looking at is 100% gray. That it was warm & in the 60's helps make it more enjoyable I suppose. But there is something so beautiful & peaceful about swamps isn't there?

Thankful to be able to share the beauty of nature with Tanner who has discovered he is a water dog after all. He had such fun fetching sticks from this little pond as we threw them for him.

Thankful for this sweet boy who is such great company for me & who is so loving with his dog.

Thankful he hasn't got to the age yet where he feels he's too grown up to hold Mom's hand

Thankful for a healthy meal on our plates at the end of the day.

Thankful the hike & swimming tired out the dog so much that he slept for 2 hours & I was able to get my Christmas cards all made this afternoon. It was the perfect way to spend the afternoon while it was raining outside.

the card below was made with last years Basic Grey Figgy Pudding line....thankful for Basic Grey too : )

And this one was made with Basic Grey's new Wassail line.

The ornament & joy letter stamps are from a really cute set of Martha Stewart clear stamps that I just couldn't resist.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it's warm because the landscape looks very wintery. Your cards are beautiful! Such a simple design but really pretty. Good for you for making them. Brenda

Jake said...

nice dog and nice card you made. I like the cards details. That food looks good.