11/26/08

Randomness & a layout to share

Jake was so proud to bring this home from school the other day & tell me that he had won 2nd place in an art contest at his school with it. I love the noses and especially love how each of their eyes are looking to the side. They say the one clear way to tell that someone is lying to you is when they look off to the side rather than look you in the eye. Ironic that they are politicians???


And can I just say that this boy is going to make some lucky woman a very happy wife one day. He cooked me dinner last night all on his own (with a little bit of advise from me on how much of each ingredient might work for what he was planning.) And he even wears the towel on his shoulder like I do when he cooks. Love that !

Egg noodles, broccoli, cooked hamburg seasoned with garlic, pepper & smokey paprika..placed in a casserole & topped with a cheese sauce he made seasoned with basil & then topped with a breadcrumb topping.

The finished product fresh out of the oven and the proud handsome chef who created it.

And you know what....this meal was totally delicious.

And a layout to share that I finished up this morning. I really love this picture of Jake sitting near a pond we were hiking around . The brown & green pattern paper is from Crate Paper & the green scallop edge paper is Creative Imaginations. Loved how great they went together. Funny..when I was doing this layout I was thinking the title was "Awesome Kid" But as I look at it now it looks like it reads as "Kid Awesome" Ah well...I still like it.


And a closer shot of the journaling on the left side of the page. The green scalloped edge peeking out from behind the circular "boy" rub on is actually a felt flower from Creative Imaginations.


Off to get some things done for Thanksgiving baking....I hope you all have a wonderful holiday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm officially impressed...both at your lovely layout and your personal chef. Dinner looks delish! Brenda