11/17/08

NZ Dare # 58

I guess I'll start with my exciting news...a couple of weeks ago I posted a page that I submitted for Dare # 57 at the NZ dare blog and I'm so happy to say they asked me to be a guest designer on dare # 59. I have been blogging for just a few months now but I have never been published in any way...so for me this is really a big deal. I am super excited. I recieved instructions on what the dare will be but I can't give any hints before they have posted it on their site. I will say this though.....I don't think it could possibly be a bigger challenge for me. It is something that is soooooo not me...but that makes it even more fun I think. Nothing like stepping waaaaaayyyy out of your comfort zone to get you thinking huh? Anyway...enough about that till that challenge is on their blog....

Dare # 58 is t-shirt inspiration. You can see the shirt on their blog (listed in the right column of my blog as "No 8 Wired")When I saw that shirt I wondered how I'd never find much inspiration from it...then I remembered a pair of grungeboard wings that I thought I'd never find a use for and a sweet angelic picture of Tanner...and voila....there it was....inspiration.

So enough rambling....this is the page that the hot pink t-shirt inspired. And that's the (sometimes) angel pup. The pattern paper is from Basic Grey's new Urban Prarie line.

The flowers were from a package of Making Memories felt letters I picked up recently. The crystals I added to them add just a touch of sparkle.

This swirl under the wings is actually a transparency. The wings are sprayed with glimmer mist and edged with Stickles glitter glue. I painted under my journaling so the writing wouldn't look too busy on the patterned paper.


so that's my interpretation for this dare...I need to go put my thinking cap on for the next one....its going to be a tough one for sure. Have a nice week everyone.

4 comments:

Monique said...

Glad you are having fun with with us at NZ dares Donna...love your t-shirt dare, just gorgeous!!

Good luck with the GD dare heh, heh...I am sure you are going to come up with something fantastic for us!

Anonymous said...

Guest Designer...bit congratulations, Donna!! That's quite an honor. And with beautiful pages like this one I can see why they picked you. Lots of cool techniques. Brenda

Anonymous said...

OK...I need to proof read before I hit post. LOL. That's supposed to be BIG congratulations! B.

LesleyC said...

Gorgeous layout. Thanks for playing along.