7/5/08

Tickled PINK

As stated in my "about me" section, I am an avid gardener. This year I splurged & purchased 7 different daylilies to line the edge of my drive with in shades of pinks, lavendar & yellows from oakes daylily farm ( http://www.oakesdaylilies.com/supplier/home.php?id=s000 ) and have been anxiously awaiting the appearance of the first blooms. You can bet I was tickled pink (literally) to see this beauty out there when I went out to get the mail today.
Is that not one gorgeous flower? This one is called "Flutterbye" and is so beautiful. Flowers just plain make me happy!! And this one is perfection!!!

Hope you all had a nice 4th of July...mine was very relaxed which was perfect for me. My son & I spent the day kayaing with a friend today which was very fun and cured him of his fear of boats. Hooray !!! I'm dead tired but before I head off to bed I wanted to share a couple of recent pages with you all. This first one was from a 4 wheeling vacation my son & I took a few years back in my new Jeep. What a long ride to get to Utah from Massachusetts but what an amazing trip that was!The next one is a page I created with a photo of my son & my niece from last summer. These are not colors (orange, pink & red) I would normally choose to put together...but again, going out of my comfort zone sometimes ends in results I'm really happy with.
Of to sleep...hope you all had a great weekend.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

gorgeous flower !!!