7/27/08

Seven for Sunday

Seven things I'm happy about for today...

1) So happy to chat with my daughter today and catch up. I miss her so much but the distance I think really has made us feel closer than ever. Makes me so happy that she has found her path in life & is so happy.

2) Happy the lawn is mowed and all my yard work is done for the weekend. I dislike mowing the lawn more than any other chore (except maybe stacking wood) but its so nice to see the end result. I'm sure my neighbors feel bad for me when they see me out there with my reel mower. But I use that mower by choice. What they don't know is that I do have a gas powered mower...I just choose not to use it. With the reel mower I can mow anytime I want without disturbing my neighbors & I can listen to music rather than a loud motor. And best of all...it does no damage to the environment.

3) Happy baseball is over ! Wow...never thought I would say that. But after traveling to 6 playoff games in an 8 day span I truly was glad to see an end and now be able to get to enjoying summer.

4) Happy for my health. Life is truly good and I'm thankful every day that I am healthy & happy. Now if I could just lose those extra pounds...

5)Happy to be a creative soul....scrapbooking brings me such joy. I love to write, love photography & love to be creative. How can I not love scrapbooking when it lets me do all of my favorite things?

6)Happy not to spend any money on gas today. I have decided to do my own little gas boycott. I spend so much money on gas commuting to work each day that a few weeks back I decided that I would have 1 day a week that I do not drive at all. And I really like that day at home to get things done around here....also love that it helps me save a little bit on gas expenses.

7)Happy that it rained (after I finished my yard work) so I don't have to water my gardens for at least the next few days. I have lots of gardens so any break from watering is always a blessing.

No comments: