7/15/08

Life is crazy these days

I had thought that when I finally created this blog that I would be sooooo good at updating it daily. But life has been sort of insane lately. What with Jake having playoff games taking place all the time and practices on many of the nights that there aren't games...then there are the tennis lessons on Tuesday & Thursday nights....I guess I shouldn't be surprised that with how busy the last couple of weeks have been that I just haven't had the time I'd like to for being at the computer.


On a good note....on the down time I did have while Jake was with his Dad on Sunday I finally got the deck staining done & the last of the mulch spread. Those were 2 chores that I was so happy to get off my plate. Now all I have left to do this summer is keep up with the lawn that just grows too darn fast !!! Of course 3 cords of wood will arrive next week so I guess my free time to relax is not going to last so long after all. I am dreading winter already....and dreading moving & stacking 4-5 cords of wood almost as much.

My gardens are in full bloom right now & look like they are on steriods even though I only fertilized them once near the beginning of summer. The photo below is a favorite. I love it so much that it hangs framed & matted in my bedroom.


This layout below is one that I did with pictures from my garden. Its pretty basic but it makes me happy because it's focus is on some of my favorite plants.

What is your scrapbooking style? Do your pages tend to focus more on the photos or on your journaling. I'd have to say mine are a bit of both. I definitley want to tell the stories of my everyday life whther it be about me, my children, travels or whatever. But I like to have a great photo to support teh journaling too. Lately I tend to do a lot of single photo layouts. But on some pages 1 picture is just not enough is it?

I'll end this post with another layout of mine...this one with just a single picture. This boy brings such sunshine & laughter into my life. I'm truly blessed !!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos, Donna...no wonder you had the one framed. It's beautiful...and so is your family. How fun to have this peak into your life.