7/3/08

Layout to share

Hi there.....first I want to wish everyone a happy & safe 4th of July. I have so much to get done around here today & I really need to get off of this computer & get motivated. But first I wanted to share a favorite layout with you all.



There are some layouts that I struggle over for hours & still am not thrilled with the end results. Then there are those such as this one that seem to come together effortlessly that end up being my absolute favorites. Some of the things I like most about this layout

  • I adore this candid photo of my beautiful daughter laughing.
  • Love the color combination and how the colors pop on the black background. The patterned paper, rub ons & die cut words are all from Daisy D's. ( http://www.daisyds.com/ )I am loving their product lines !!!
  • Love the added bling that give this page a little extra sparkle. The necklace my daughter is wearing is a cherished antique given to her when she was 14. The picture does not do it justice so I added a few rhinestone brads attached directly to the photo to draw attention to it. Also the dotted line to the right of the photo and between some of the die cut words on the left side of the page are rhinestone stickers which add a bit more sparkle to the page. I also added some detailing to the flowers with shimmer pens which does not even show up in the picture.
  • Love the list type journaling which tells the viewer a little bit of random info about Amanda. I use list journaling often on my pages. When I'm stumped for what to write on a page I find this type of journaling to be much easier.

Ok...I'm off to finish the lawn & then to the grocery store for food for tomorrow's cook out.

No comments: